The Body’s Protein Requirements
The human body is built in such a way that it needs different nutrients to sustain its growth and development. One of these nutrients is proteins which are made of amino acids that are crucial for the maintenance of blood, bones, body organs and blood. However, not every individual’s protein requirements are the same as this is determined by whether one leads an active lifestyle or a sedentary lifestyle. Those who lead active lifestyles need at least 1.4 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. On the other hand, those who lead a sedentary lifestyle need to consume at least 0.8 grams of proteins per kilogram of body weight.
How to choose the Perfect Protein Powder
If you want to ensure that you get the best results for what you are trying to achieve then you need to ensure that you have the protein powder that is perfect for you. First, ensure that it is packed with all the nine essential amino acids that the body needs. If you are seeking a protein powder for muscle building then you need to go with whey protein powder which is readily absorbed by the body, a factor that makes it vital for efficient muscle growth and recovery. You also need to consider your budget since the protein powders come at different prices. Plant-based proteins are generally more expensive while others contain additional nutrients which drive their prices up.
What is Hemp Protein Powder?
It is a plant-based protein that is usually obtained from Hemp seeds. Even though most plant-based proteins usually do not come with all the essential amino acids needed for proper functioning of the body, this protein is an outlier as it contains 20 amino acids including the nine that make it a complete protein. For every 100 grams of this protein, you get at least 35 grams of protein plus other key nutrients like omega 3 fatty acids. Therefore, this makes it ideal for athletes, bodybuilders, and individuals who are keen on losing weight.
The best time to take this protein powder will depend on what you are trying to achieve. If you solely need to lose weight, then you need to take it early in the morning so that it boosts your metabolism and reduces hunger ensuring you consume less in a day. For your energy requirements, you will need to take it throughout the day with your maximum allowed portion spread out evenly. For bodybuilders or athletes, you can take it before your workouts or after your workouts to ensure you have effective workouts followed by quick muscle recovery and growth.
Normally the best way to take this protein is by mixing it with your preferred drink to make a shake or by blending it into your favorite smoothie for a great taste. And one of the key benefits of taking it in this form is that its absorption into the body will be very fast and efficient.
Benefits of Hemp Protein Powder
- Rich in Fiber – You will love that this plant-based protein has a lot of finer which is vital for your health. First, this fiber is critical for normalizing bowel movements which will go a long way in ensuring the digestion of food is much more efficient. In addition to that, it plays a big role in the reduction of blood sugar levels to keep Type 2 diabetes in check.
- Helps Build Muscle – Intense workouts do not only wear you out, they also tear your muscles apart. The rebuilding of these muscles is normally what brings about muscles growth. Now, this protein powder is a complete protein that contains all the essential amino acids your muscles need for recovery and growth. Therefore by taking these proteins before and after your workouts, you will provide your body with adequate fuel for muscle growth.
- Lowers the Risk of Heart Disease – It has also been proven that this protein lowers the levels of triglycerides in the body by a great margin. These fats are very dangerous when their concentration in the body is high as they are notorious for causing heart disease. Therefore consistently consuming this protein will ensure your risk of heart disease is reduced by a great degree.
- Replacement of Milk derived protein powders – Protein powders like whey or casein protein powders are derived from milk which can be a disadvantage to those who are lactose intolerant. However, such people do not have to miss out as they can use this plant-based protein powder that is just as effective to meet their daily protein requirements.
- Reduces Muscle Aches and Spasms – After intense workouts, it is normal for one to get sore muscles as the body works to repair them. The hemp protein can be very helpful to you during such a time as it contains high levels of magnesium which is known to play a great role in the reduction of muscle aches and spasms.
- Boosts Memory and Cognitive Performance – Taking this protein quite frequently will ensure that you develop a healthy brain with a powerful memory and performance. Something that is made possible by its high concentration of omega three fatty acids.
Side Effects of Hemp Protein Powder
- It Causes Stomach Discomfort – Yes, you will need to consume this protein in minimal amounts as it is known to cause bloating and abdominal cramping.
- THC Sensitivity – Since it comes from the same family as cannabis it contains small quantities of THC which will eventually bring about THC sensitivity.
- Does Not Have a Great Taste – It is vital to note that since this protein comes from a plant-based source it tastes quite differently from other protein powders and its taste might not be pleasant to different individuals.
- Leads to Weight Gain – Since it contains high levels of fat, it is not ideal for people who would love to lose weight due to its high-calorie count which can be counterproductive to your goals.
Therefore, even though Hemp Protein Powders come with a lot of benefits they do have some side effects worth noting and they do not measure up in some areas when compared to say whey protein. However, whether they are the best for you chiefly depends on what your needs are.