What Are Caffeine Supplements?
Caffeine is one of the most common naturally occurring stimulants that a diverse number of people take for different uses. It can be found in both tea leaves and the beans of cocoa and coffee. Over time, thanks to top-notch medical technology, scientists have been able to derive it from these sources and repackaged it as caffeine supplements.
In most cases, the caffeine supplements will either come in pill form or powder form, therefore you can either take them by drinking them with water or mixing them in your favorite shake when in powder form.
The recommended dosage that you can take at any given time should not exceed 250 milligrams if you want to maintain a balance between deriving its benefits and not experiencing any of its extreme side effects. Therefore the old people, students, athletes, and bodybuilders can find caffeine useful given the wide range of benefits that we are about to outline.
The Benefits of Caffeine Pills
- It is Ideal For Boosting Motivation : If you happen to be involved in high-intensity projects then you know how demotivating they can be. This is because throughout the day the body normally produces adenosine which is generally responsible for this effect in the body during stressful days. Therefore, if you take in caffeine it will go a long way in preventing the brain cells from detecting that the adenosine which is in the blood while boasting the levels of dopamine. Dopamine is the hormone that is responsible for happiness and motivation which will end up leaving you charged up for the project that you currently undertaking.
- It Is Good For Weight Loss : One of the most outstanding effects that caffeine has on the body is the burning of fat. When it is taken in doses that have the power to alter the workings of the body it normally leads to a high energy expenditure. The body’s natural response to this effect is usually to burn the fat deposits in the body to be able to meet this increased energy needs. Over a period of time, this will lead to a very high percentage of fat loss since the body will be depleting its fat reserves at a very high rate leading to weight loss.
- It Leads To Improved Physical Performance : If you are an athlete or a bodybuilder then caffeine supplementation should be one of the most important aspects of your training. As seen earlier, caffeine normally does a very good job when it comes to utilizing fat reserves for energy while preserving the glycogen that is normally used for this purpose. In the end, this normally leads to endurance that has the capacity to overcome exhaustion since once the intensity of the exercise has receded the body will resort to using the glycogen reserves thereby keeping the body energized all through the process.
- It Is Effective for Cognitive Performance : If you happen to work overnight shifts or you are looking for something to boost your focus and concentration then you need to consider caffeine. One of the effects that caffeine has on the body is the stimulation of the central nervous system and increasing blood pressure levels. This in addition to its ability to suppress the brain from detecting adenosine levels in the body will lead to improved cognitive skills, reduction of anxiety and depression. It has also been shown to boost thinking skills in people who take caffeine regularly.
- It Reduces The Chances of Developing Diabetes : Recent research has shown that regular intake of caffeine can lead to a high decrease in the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The sole reason why caffeine is proving to be very effective in preventing the development of this type of diabetes is that it blocks the development of a protein that usually starts up a toxic process that leads to type 2 diabetes. Therefore, if you want to put type 2 diabetes at bay and ensure that your pancreas is very effective in generating the insulin you need for a healthy body, you should start considering taking caffeine supplements.
- It Reduces Soreness of Muscles : Intense workouts normally lead to very sore muscles in the aftermath that can be very demotivating especially when you need to train daily. For most people, taking painkillers has always been the ideal thing to do to ensure that the pain in the muscles is greatly reduced. However, caffeine is also proving to be a very effective solution for this sore muscles especially when it is taken around the exercise.
Caffeine pills vs Coffee
One of the greatest advantages that coffee normally has over caffeine pills is the aspect of taste. While the pills normally have a very blunt taste you can enjoy a cup of coffee while getting your daily dose of caffeine effortlessly.
However, it is much easier to define the amount of caffeine in caffeine pills as opposed to coffee which can be very critical in case you need to have very specific dosages of caffeine in your system.
Taking caffeine pills also limits the chances of you developing yellow teeth and the pills are usually fortified with other important nutrients like vitamins which are vital for a healthy body. Coffee can also be quite expensive while the pills, depending on the brands, are mostly affordable.
Side Effects Of Caffeine
Even though it comes with very many advantages, caffeine also comes with some side effects.
For instance, it normally increases the blood pressure and therefore should not be taken by people who suffer from high blood pressure.
Caffeine is also naturally diuretic which means you need to accompany its intake with high volumes of water to prevent your body from becoming dehydrated.
If your sole purpose is to benefit from its other effects like reduced muscle soreness or improved cognitive performance, you should avoid taking it before bedtime because it can lead to insomnia.
How To Choose The Ideal Caffeine Supplements
There are so many brands that are producing caffeine supplements on the market today and therefore you are spoilt for choice in terms of which caffeine pills you can pick from.
However, there are three things that you should highly consider when you are choosing the ideal caffeine pills.
First, you need to ensure that the price of the pills matches your budget in terms of affordability.
They should also contain only natural ingredients as some brands normally use chemicals in the pills which can lead to health complications in the future.
Another thing that you should highly consider is whether the pills contain added sugars and calories which can lead to increased weight gain.
There’s no doubt that caffeine pills are very beneficial. They can lead to improved cognitive performance, athletic performance and also keep that type 2 diabetics in check among other benefits. However, taking the pills in recommended dosages not exceeding 250 milligrams should be highly considered if one is to avoid the side effects that it comes with. It is also important to consider the advice of a qualified physician in case you have underlying health problems like high blood pressure before start taking the pills.